X-ray Procedures covers the ‘how’ of biomechanical x-rays, including; patient positioning, marking, and measuring to determine abnormal spinal form and function. Furthermore, this course will guide practitioners to correctly measure X-rays and identify normal and abnormal posture. Including a step by step guide on patient positioning and equipment set up, this course is a comprehensive tool that will increase practitioners confidence with X-ray procedures. Download the Content Listing & Educational Objectives[PDF].
Upon its completion, participants will be able to:
- Identify the equipment and film requirements, tube distances, and how patients are positioned for taking accurate x-rays.
- Determine forward head posture, skull-atlas relationship, disc height, cervical lordosis, percentage of loss of cervical lordosis (curve), and vertebral participation on Neutral Lateral Skull-Cervical x-rays.
- Determine skull flexion on atlas, vertebral translation, cervical flexion angle, and vertebral participation on Lateral Cervical Flexion x-rays.
- Identify skull extension on atlas, vertebral translation, cervical extension angle, and vertebral participation on Lateral Cervical Extension x-rays.
- Determine anterior-posterior translation.
- Identify the Upper Angle (UA), Lower Angle (LA), C2 rotation, Cervical Dorsal (CD) Angle, and Dorsal Upper Dorsal (DUD) Angle on A-P Skull-Cervical, Upper Thoracic x-rays.
- Determine atlas rotation on Base Posterior Cervical-Skull x-rays.
- Determine sacral base to L5 translation, lumbar lordosis, percentage of loss of lumbar lordosis (curve), weight bearing (GWL), disc height, and vertebral participation on Neutral Lateral Lumbo-Sacral, Lower Thoracic x-rays.
- Identify the Angle of the Lumbo Sacral (LS), Lumbo Dorsal (LD), and Dorsal Lower Dorsal (DLD) on A-P Lumbo-Sacral, Lower Thoracic x-rays.
- Identify how to determine loss
Up to 12 hours available (CEU is based on time spent in the course up to the maximum available)
How long do I have to complete this course?
The clock starts running as soon as you register and you will have 30 days to complete the course. However, If you are not able to complete the course within those 30 days, contact us at email@example.com to request one free course extension (30 days). There will be a $20 fee for each additional 30-day extension.