At this very moment people are sitting on the Wobble Chair™ restoring function and mobility to their spines! The exciting news for all who wobble is there are MORE and GREATER advantages that this amazing invention has to offer beyond range of motion in the spine. This article shares ALL of the current research and results that you can achieve as additional benefits of using the Wobble Chair regimen in your daily routine. To better understand these 10 things, we first need to recognize what our culture, sedentary lifestyles and injuries have done to our human development.
... We highly recommend downloading the free 7-page PDF article HERE that includes the complete article with lots of images and references. For those who simply want the 10 Things, here are 10 of the many biological-metabolic functions the wobble chair produces with its figure 8 motion.
1) Prepares the spine for further rehabilitation and strengthening. Spinal “core stability” exercises are necessary before strength, endurance and agility training can be effective. Further literature review shows that 90% of all chronic pain is located in the musculoskeletal system. The most common sites of pain include the low back, pelvis, head, neck and shoulders.
2) Rehydrates the disc. Allows the user to produce full range figure 8 hip motion that mimics full stride walking, thereby loading and unloading the lumbar spine. This motion pumps fluids into spinal disks and ligaments, which hydrates and re-hydrates each disc’s nucleus as well as pumping out their tissue cell waste.
3) It increases of cerebra-spinal-fluids (CSF) pressure and flow. The two hemispheres of the brain produce 500-800 ml of CSF in various amounts throughout the day. The fluid is rich in oxygen and glucose; the nutrients the nervous system uses as fuel to function. The fluids are secreted into the subarachnoid space surrounding the brain and spinal cord. This protective sheath covers the entire spinal cord and is attached by a fibrous strand, the filum terminale to the end of the sacrum just in front of the coccyx/tail bone. The pumping action of the sacrum produced by forward-back-side-to-side sacral motion normally produced by walking circulates the CSF and increases the fluid pressure and flow from resting 15 mm mercury up to 50 – 55 mm mercury. After the fluid is circulated around the brain and spinal cord, it empties into the venous system at the brains arachnoid villa. The increase of CSF pressure and flow is also produced by 12 to 15 minutes of Wobble Chair exercising. The increased pressure produces a feeling or mental clarity and physical well-being runners that run far enough to cause the same feelings called “The Runners High”.
4) Helps O2 exchange. The figure 8 action of walking mimics the forces of full range deep diaphragmatic inhalation and exhalation that completely aerates and oxygenates the lungs. Full exhalation expels carbon dioxide and about 20% of the body’s tissue cell waste thereby regulating the odor of one’s breath.
5) Clears the lungs. The same figure 8 motions and full diaphragmatic breathing during inhalation and exhalation clears the lungs of accumulated mucus and phlegm. If not excreted leads to lung conditions of bronchitis, sore throat, allergies and phenomena, to name a few.
6) Raising blood pH. Full diaphragm-stomach breathing fully oxygenates the lungs and thereby the blood causing the pH of the blood to raise. Blood with a pH of 7.4 is slightly alkaline and filled with inflammatory proteins, at a pH 7.75 or higher there are few or no inflammatory proteins in the blood. NOTE: Inflammatory proteins in the blood is considered by most experts to be the chemical cause of all chronic diseases and chronic pain.
7) Helps with elimination. The figure 8 motion of wobble chair causes the pelvic girdle to cause a greater peristaltic action of the large intestine that stimulates normal daily evacuation.
8) Stimulates immune and lymphatic system. 80% of the body’s hormonal glands and 70% of the immune systems glands including the lymphatics are housed in the intestines. The figure 8 motion of the wobble chair if performed multiple ( 5 ) times per day causes motions necessary for stimulation of hormonal, immune and lymphatic systems normal function.
9) Massages the heart. The heart is massaged during deep diaphragmatic breathing aided by the figure 8 motion of the wobble chair. The diaphragm muscles central tendon, is attached to the lower end of the heart, and gently massages it with every breath.
10) Increases blood flow back to the heart. The diaphragm’s downward contraction during inhalation causes the vena cava to momentarily increase in size with an increase in venous pressure causing an acceleration of venous blood flow back to the heart.
Again, the complete article is full of great information you don't want to miss out on including images, the Therapeutic Wobble Chair™ Procedures, and references. To download the free 7-page article, CLICK HERE. No forms to complete, just the article you can download and enjoy.