Patients respond quite well to The Pettibon System because it is a system where they take an active role in their own health through home exercises!
Proven Spine and Posture Correction
The Pettibon System is a comprehensive rehabilitation program for the spine's hard and soft tissues. It uses seated x-rays for diagnosis, assessing progress, and proof of treatment effectiveness. It tests each patient's ability to respond to care, and trains patients in home care for faster correction.
Developed thirty years ago by Dr. Burl Pettibon, the Pettibon System delivers on the promise: to provide health care that enables the human spine to maintain its optimal structure for normal function. The System's use of specially developed weights and exercises directly acknowledges that lasting spinal correction is related to the strengthening of targeted muscles. Practitioners and patients alike are actively involved in the rehabilitation process, both in the clinic and at home.
There are now thousands of Pettibon doctors and clinicians in the United States. Our growth reflects a paradigm shift in health care: a new emphasis on "whole" health that integrates provider treatment, nutrition and other disciplines, and assumes a higher level of patient involvement. Our practitioners enjoy a high level of patient satisfaction and loyalty—the proof is in the lasting results—regardless of other systems they incorporate into their practice. Above all Pettibon embodies a desire to educate and innovate, and Pettibon continues to train new generations of doctors and therapists in cutting edge developments in the field.
Pettibon System and Pettibon Institute
Pettibon is really two distinct entities. The Pettibon System refers to both the overall program and to the company that offers patented products—including highly specialized weights, fulcrums, and the famous Wobble Chair™—that doctors and clinicians may wish to incorporate into their existing practice, whether they are already fully certified in the Pettibon Rehabilitation System or not.
The Pettibon Institute is a non-profit educational organization. It offers training in the Pettibon Rehabilitation System and related treatments and products, as well as continuing education courses for re-licensure. Pettibon Institute has a forum for education and professional networking; through the website doctors and therapists can meet colleagues, share referrals and build lifelong relationships. An online forum allows registered practitioners/clinicians to exchange tips, referrals, share research and keep in touch.
The Pettibon System is headquartered in Chehalis, Washington along with The Pettibon Institute. Our marketing office is located in Gig Harbor, Washington.
How to Use This Site - Providers
- If you are looking for a continuing education course, please visit the Education section of the Pettibon Institute.
- If you would like to purchase or reorder equipment for your practice, please create a Provider profile, log in and use our shopping cart. If online shopping is not for you, please call us at 888-774-6258 to place an order.
- If you want to look up research articles or multimedia tutorials, go to these respective pages.
- If you would like to get listed in our provider directory and access our provider mesage board, start by filling out a profile.
- To participate in the international Pettibon community of providers, explore the Pettibon Blog.
How to Use This Site - Patients
- Looking for back pain relief and want to find a practitioner? Use our Find a Provider tool at the top of the screen to find someone near you.
- If you are looking for tutorials on home care, equipment and exercises, or articles on nutrition, posture, and healthful lifestyles, visit the Tutorials.
- If you are looking for more information about the Pettibon System—its history, treatment, awards and testimonials—click on one of these options or continue to the next page, Our Mission.
- We found a great resource for people who do not have a practitioner near them. Be sure to check out Back Pain Relief Products.
How to Use This Site - Press
- Please visit our online press room, or continue reading about us on the next page, Our Mission.